Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Clean & Clear Mark Treatment

This product is currently my holy grail product. I've been using this for the past month or so, and I'm amazed... I bought this with low expectations, because at $5.00 how good can it honestly be??

Clean & Clear's Advantage Mark Treatment

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


My Official Review

Cost: $5.00 from your local Wal-Mart

My skin type: Recently, probably because of the stress of moving/new school/& homework/tests I've been breaking out more than normal. I would say that my acne is usually mild. I get breakouts here and there, usually they're small normal pimples, but I am known for getting cystic acne. And if you don't know what cystic acne is, google it. It's disgusting and they hurt worse than you know. But like I said I've been breaking out more than usual and it's frustrating, and such a confidence crusher. :( My friend recommended this and said that she uses it whenever she felt a pimple come on and it would go away... For my skin type I highly doubt it would have worked for me.


What it claims to do: Mark Treatment treats pimples fast while diminishing the appearance of post-acne marks. This breakthrough formula is infused with a special oil dissolving technology that allows for delivery of acne medication, Salicylic Acid, to fight breakouts. The unique formula with Glycolic Acid promotes gentle surface skin turnover, improves skin's clarity and diminishes the appearance of post-acne marks.

Directions: Cleanse thoroughly before applying medication. Cover the entire affected area with a thin layer one to three times daily. If bothersome or dryness or peeling occurs, reduce application to once or even every other day.

What I claim it does and how I use it: At first this product didn't work for me. I would put it on my cystic acne when I had it, which didn't do anything; didn't even reduce the size or redness. I thought it was a fail. So I tried a different approach to using it:


I would wash my face with a cleanser, then apply a toner, then moisturizer and then apply this to my common break out areas. I would apply it whether I had acne or not. Apply makeup like usual.


Now I wouldn't just apply it once a day, I applied it in the morning when I was getting ready, and then after classes, which is my mid-day. I would wash my face with my cleanser again, this time not using toner or moisturizer and then apply this all over my common break out areas again, apply makeup like usual.


AND then, at the end of the day I would wash my face again, apply toner, apply moisturizer and apply this product all over my common break out areas.

Consistency: It's very water-like, but yet still thick. It's clear, so once it dries to your face you can't even tell you have it one. Also, since it dries quickly you can apply your makeup right after.

Pros: This is the first product(knocks on wood) that is actually drying out my pimples before they surface.
Since I do this three times daily if a pimple does surface I feel like it actually reduces the swelling & pain, which if you ever had cystic acne, you know how it feels.
It's so affordable an easily accessible!
The scent, it smells amazing. I feel so clean after I apply it!!
Also when you apply it, it kind of burns, probably because of the salicylic acid in it, but that makes me happy to feel like something it working.
I could go on and on how much I love this product seriously, what can I say? This actually works on my cystic acne, imagine what it does for normal acne.

Cons How much more effort I am putting into not getting acne. Tops I would normally only wash my face twice a day, but now 3 times, that might also be contributing to why I'm having less breakouts, either way I'm happy.



I apologize if this is such a long post, but I've been waiting a month to review this because I didn't want to recommend something that didn't work for me. If you have any questions please comment below. Thanks for stopping by and hope to talk to you soon! :D

1 comments:

Julie said...

thanks for the review! great post, just found your blog, new follower! x

http://brokenblush.blogspot.com/