Monday, May 16, 2011

My Vanity Stand & Makeup Storage

My pride and joy is my vanity stand. I use it everyday, sometimes twice a day. It's a must to keep it organized and cute. hehe. I was literally lost without my makeup storage at school. How do you know what you're going to use everyday? I opted for a tiny Sterlite bin to store all my makeup and face products. It was so sad to depart from all my makeup, and facial products. Now that I'm home for the summer, I get to enjoy all my makeup. :D So today I cleaned up my vanity set, and put all my makeup back in it's rightful places. They're home. :)

I thought I'd show where I do all my makeup, and how I store my makeup. It's not much, but it is all mine, and I love it.


First, an awful before photo. It's so hard to keep up on two rooms when you're going back and forth on the weekends, so my makeup stand got a little messy. Photobucket

The pretty cleaned up vanity stand.
Photobucket

To the left is where I store the makeup. All it is in a simple 3 drawer Sterilite bin from Walmart.
Photobucket

My beloved Conair makeup mirror, I don't know what I'd do without.
Photobucket

My makeup brushes that I use daily are stored in a ice cream glass my fiance bought me, that I added pink gem stones too. My facial products that I use daily are stored in a cupcake container I got from Target for $1.00. The pink cupcake is where I store all of my tweezers, tiny scissors and pencil sharpener.
Photobucket

Flowers to be decorative. The other cupcake is from Atlantic City from one of those shops on the boardwalk and I store all my cotton balls in that.
Photobucket

This is a cupcake stand I purchased from The Christmas Tree Shoppe for $12.99. Unfortunately I don't use it for cupcakes, right now I use it to put my rings in, and some cute bobby pins. Things I grab on a daily basis, as I'm getting ready.
Photobucket

Photobucket

In the big Sterilite container I have little containers which I bought from the dollar store, 3 for $1.00. And they come in all different sizes, and that's how I separate all my makeup. The top drawer is where more of high end make up is stored.
Photobucket

Second drawer is where all my drugstore eyeshadows are stored, separated by brand.
Photobucket

The bottom drawer has "pencil containers" where I store my primers, eyeliners, mascara's, and some lipsticks. I also store my blush on the bottom, and more facial products.
Photobucket

*The smaller Sterilite bin is where I store my contacts, prescriptions, etc. I figured I wouldn't show that. Also the vanity is from Big Lots, thanks to my parents for my 18th birthday. (I know soooo long ago) But it works for me, and I love it.

And that's my makeup stand.
Photobucket



I hope this was helpful, and maybe gives you ideas on how to store your makeup. Have a goodnight everyone!

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

LOVE the cupcake stand that you use to hold your rings and such. :)

*~kAy~* said...

I love your vanity area <3
looks so neat and tidy :3

I thought the cupcake stand was a neat idea! :P we don't eat cupcakes every day but we use accessories more hahah :p

mayur said...

nice female accessories...
Solar PV Panels

Kristen Thornburg said...

Wow! You have a ton of makeup! Care to share! :) ha ha

Mimi577 said...

I just bought this very same vanity today from someone for $10. Love what you've done to yours. Will have to reupholster the stool but it is in good shape. Thanks for the tips.