Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Essie: Toggle to the Top NOTD & Review

Happy Tuesday!

I'm doing something a little different today because I just feel the need to. 

I picked up Essie's new 2013 Winter Collection nail polish in Toggle to the Top. In the bottle it looks like this gorgeous red color with glitter top. And originally I thought it was a top coat but when I applied it, it's color and glitter in one! Which is amazing because, well, less steps and less drying time. 

Anyway, here's a picture of it I found online because I didn't take a picture of it. 


 
 

  Here's what it looks like on, day 1. It's more of a black/reddish color with red glitter.
I was seriously contemplating all day if I liked it, actually I still am. I don't feel like this is a Christmas color, I feel like it's more of a Halloween color. I don't know what do you think?

Anyway, and here's day two. I am so angry. I did the dishes the day before I painted my nails, I work in an office, I feel like there's no reason for it to chip so quickly. And I did use a top coat! I'm highly disappointed in this nail polish, and usually I love Essie nail polish. I'm thinking because the glitter mixed in with the color made it easier for it to peel.
   photo IMG_0103_zps469c7301.jpg 

What do you guys think? Has this happened to you and any of your Essie nail polishes? This is the only one it's happened to me on.

Anyway, it's petty and stupid and not a big deal, but thought I'd rant a little. Haha.

Have a great night! 

1 comments:

Schnelle said...

ugh! It shouldn't have chipped that fast! I'd be upset too. That happened to me with a couple OPI polishes and I'm so turned off by that brand now. For that price, I expect it to last.