Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Lush Haul and Review

When I went to Atlantic City I stopped by their Lush. That's the closest Lush to me, so whenever I go, I also stop by Lush. :) Before I went I was watching YouTube videos on reviews on Lush products so I picked up 3 items that I was excited for.


The first thing I got was Lush's Candy Fluff Dusting Powder.


Photobucket

Price: $11.25
What the website claims: Dusting this fluffy powder all over leaves you twinkling, smelling sweet and feeling pretty. Tiny gold and iridescent sparkles sprinkle all over your skin while cornstarch absorbs moisture and leaves you feeling silky to the touch. After you take a bath or shower, coat yourself in Candy Fluff, (the dusting powder - not cotton candy - that could get sticky) and you'll smell like a pink, candy floss fairy with skin as soft as strawberry marshmallows.
My personal opinion I really really like this product. Number 1 for all it's different uses, secondly for how it smells. I watched a girl review this on YouTube, she talked about the many different uses for it. So I thought I would share some of the things she said, along with what I used it for.
1. The number one use I use it for was after I shower/bath I like sprinkle it on my body, it has like this shimmer affect too. It makes you smell really good all day. Like candy. ;)

2.This is going to be particularly good for the summer time when your "sweaty" it'll keep you nice and dry. Like the girl said in the video, like if your at a club or bar, and you're around a bunch of people, everyone's so sweaty, but it'll keep you dry.

3.Another good use for this is to put into your shoes! Like for instance, I wear these one particular pair of shoes to work all the time and because I'm constantly running around, by the end of the day, my feet are sweaty and so are my shoes, and they end up smelling... well... raunchy... so I'm definitely going to sprinkle it on my feet and shoes. This will be great for my Uggs too!

4.Another great use for it is putting it in your hair when it gets greasy, it'll make your hair look ... not-so-greasy!

If you have any other great uses for this, please comment!!


Another product I got was the comforter bubble bar.


Photobucket


Price: $8.75

What the website claims: This pink and white swirly bar resembles a rolled up scarf, ready to wrap you in warmth and comfort. The fruity blackcurrant fragrance comes from cassis absolute; we love this delicious scent so much we put it in You Snap the Whip (our scrubby Body Butter), Sweetie Pie shower jelly and of course the Comforter solid perfume. Inhale it and it feels like you're getting a big, yummy hug. This one is big enough to be broken in half for two baths.

My personal opinion: Well for one, if you don't know what a bubble bar is... it's basically a bar that you break up and throw in when you're taking a bubble bath and it creates... BUBBLES! ;) The website claims you can break it up twice, but honestly I think I'd be able to break this up atleast 7 or 8 times. I used mine 3 times already and I have that much left. I love love love the smell of this. It smells so fresh and leaves you smelling great all day. I definitely recommend this one.

The last thing I got was from their Valentines Day collection called the Magic Mushroom

Photobucket

Price: $4.95

What the website claims: We're good at love spells, although we only make them work on people who are available; they are useless on other people's boyfriends or girlfriends and anyone further down the commitment chain. Starting with its charming mushroom shape we added two enchanting scents – Vanillary in the white parts and fruity Yummy Yummy in the red cap – to bewitch everyone who bathes with it. Use it with your favourite fungi and you'll soon be making magic.

My personal opinion: This is the same thing as a bubble bar, but it's a much smaller version. I think it looks so adorable. And if you can tell in the pictures, there's also some glitter in that bubble bar. :) It smells just like vanilla. I haven't used it yet, but if you want a review on it, I will do it. But it's just like a bubble bar though.

I hope this review was helpful, I'll be uploading a video on it soon that you can check out. Leave any comments if I left something out that you thing would be useful and I'll post it. :)

2 comments:

Denysia said...

I love the magic mushroom bubble bar! I got it last week, and it smells amazing!

Saimese said...

I've been meaning to try the comforter bubble bar. It's such a good size for the price - don't know why I didn't pick it up when I was at Lush. The dusting powder sounds like something I'd like to try, but hope it doesn't smell too sweet in the summer like some scents do