Random post about the Nook. But I'm hoping some of you will find it useful! Yesterday I promised a post about my new Nook by Barnes and Noble. I thought I would give a review on it.
Yesterday, and I'm not lying, I spent 5 hours+ on this beautiful machine. And I couldn't love it more.
Some of the features listed:
- Touchscreen (Obviously)
- 7" Screen, with an amazing quality! Comparable to my iPhone 4.
- You can change your font size and font style.
- Create a Nook account on Barnes and Noble, and if you have friends that use it, there's books that you can lend each other! I found that to be an awesome feature. I don't have any friends on Nook, please be my friend? We can share books. :) I have the Trilogy for The Hunger Games.
- Many apps, not as much as the iPhone, I think it runs off on Android? I'm not entirely sure. But there are some free apps you can get. I personally like the Sudoku.They have others like Calculator, Memo Pads (I use this a lot), etc.
- On the Nook on the lower left hand corner there is a place just for your email, click on it, and it loads your messages. Personal favorite of mine.
- This tablet has Adobe Flash Player in it, so easily watch videos, etc.
- You can easily purchase books off of Barnes and Noble.com They have their own Nook store. And not to mention the books are discounted then actually purchasing in store because of obvious reasons, no shipping, no physical item.
- Web browsing is absolutely amazing. I even have a load of bookmarks already. lol. I have all my favorite websites with one touch.
I have to say though, when I first picked up the Nook, it was much heavier than I thought it would be, but at the same time it reminds me of something that would be durable. :)
I have three books so far: Paula Deens Kitchen Book, & The Hunger Games.
Hey, there's my blog!
That's the only apps I have.
This is the Nook store I was talking about before. A lot of books are free(some never heard of) and they also have specials for books under $5. I thought that was a nice feature.
Currently reading Catching Fire. Haha.
Today's Ash Wednesday everyone!! What is everyone giving up?!?! I know it's not only about giving up things, it's about doing things you normally wouldn't.
One thing I know I am giving up is Fast Food. I usually like to do one nice act of kindness too during the Lent season, and I also like to start a new hobby. :) We'll see.
Have a great day everyone, and I really do hope this was helpful and not completely useless for you!
If you have a Nook and you know of any other features that I didn't list, please tell me, I'm still learning and would love to know! :)