Monday, October 7, 2013

Fall Nails 2013

Happy Monday!

I finally had a nice relaxing weekend. I feel like the whole summer I've been on the go, go, go! It was nice to just be able to sleep in and relax. The Fiance worked Saturday so I did some decorating for Fall/Halloween. 
I can't believe it's already here! I hauled all of my decorations from home to the apartment and got to work Saturday. :)
It felt good to finally have time to do it though. Do you ever get that way? Feel like there is no time for anything besides work? I feel like I've gotten into such a rut with things I like to do (including blogging) because I feel like there's not enough time to do it. 
When I graduated college I never thought my life would be consumed with work, but it is, and I'm always so tired. The last thing I want to do when I get home is take pictures of things. 
I tried making plans for the week of things I want to do, even though it started out great, I found myself drifting from my plans because I was so tired. Does anyone else feel this way about work? It could be that I work 9 hours a day without a lunch and I commute a hour each day. Work takes up such a big part of my day, it makes me angry. 

I don't really know where I'm going with this, other than the fact I'm in such a rut. I wanted a life-style job. Where I still had my personal life, but work has become my life. 40 hour work weeks don't exist for me, 45+ is my work life. It's disgusting. 

Anyway, enough of my ranting, I finally got to decorate, I finally got to do something I wanted to do, and was motivated to do it. I'm not entirely happy with how it looks but it's a start and it looks more like fall in my apartment than not!

Yesterday I picked up some good deals at Big Lots when they had their Friends and Family Sale. They had all kinds of nail polishes and for cheap! 
Here's a look I came up with last night. 

Essie nail base in Penny Talk

 
Via Instagram(vzaleski)
   photo IMG_4443_zps748c8c0a.jpg 


I picked up these Sally Hansen Gem Crush nail polishes for $3.00 - 20% off! I used the gold over top the Essie Penny Talk.
   photo IMG_4436_zpsf04d7f21.jpg 

Someone liked my instagram photo and I creeped on their instagram. Does anyone else do this?!?! I found this adorable nail design in Penguins that I thought would be simple to do. Maybe for the winter I will try out this look! 
   photo IMG_4444_zps14d1db72.png 


Anyway, do you have any tips for me and how to balance my personal life with work life? I need some advice!

Have a great night. :)

4 comments:

palmandpineblog said...

Hi Vanessa,

My work schedule is equally demanding. The best piece of advice I can give you is to commit to events (ahead of time) with friends and family.

Oh, and give yourself a few hours on the weekend to sleep in - you deserve it! ;)

Have a great week,

xo, tasha
twenty-something
blog

Schnelle said...

I'm so sorry! I hope you find a balance soon. I miss your posts! I'm still trying to find balance too, hence my lack of posting. Here's to finding what works! Cheers to that!

Holly said...

I hope you post pictures of your decorating!

Commuting is the worst! I bus, so I'm overcoming my car sickness so I can do class reading or pleasure reading while I commute. For me, balancing my time is just a matter of prioritizing without feeling guilty when I put myself first.

Unknown said...

Such beautiful colours for Christmas!

S
xxx

www.embracingtheenchanted.blogspot.com