Saturday, October 24, 2009

Hard Candy Make Up Review and Swatches

Went to my local Wal-Mart supercenter and decided to check out this Hard Candy line. I never had the opportunity to try it when the company was with Sephora, because I only recently got into make up. I've been reading a lot of good reviews on it, so I thought why not pick up some stuff for myself... :D

I only picked up 2 things. Although I did want to pick up more, I couldn't, I spent too much on my costume.. lol.. $60 for a costume is a bit insane. So anyway, I picked up a Lip Shine, and Baked Blush.. and I am very happy with both of them...

Lip Shine was $6.00 in Exotic, and the Baked Blush is $7.00 in Honeymoon. The packaging on these items are super cute, and they're of good quality. I really like the blush packaging, it's so cute.


Photobucket

Photobucket

Applicator: Like your typical applicator, not very sticky either, to me it seemed smooth..

Photobucket

I thought it was going to be a darker red, but thankfully it wasn't I don't like anything too dark on my lips...

Photobucket

I absolutely LOVE this...

Photobucket


The color pay off is AH-mazing..this is a picture with just one swipe... this will be perfect alone or over a blush that may be too dark, or it'll just give you a new dewy look.. I love it..

Photobucket



Anyway, has anyone else tried out this brand??? I'd like to try out more of it, but not yet...

7 comments:

Courtney said...

i went there today & couldn't figure out what to get! i finally decided on one of the shadow trios...it's in eye quit. i definately think i'm going to get some more. :PPP

Rai said...

I have 3 Wal-Marts near by, and the main one didn't have it so I assumed it wasn't here. Went to this other one that's not too far from me AND THEY HAD IT AND IT WAS ALLLLLLLLLLL GONE except for one product. =[ I was like WTF!

Leesha (Babyciaz) said...

Looks pretty:)!!!!

lindah said...

I don't like the "security" on the walmart makeup! All the ones at mines are like OPENED! It's gross, I'm gonna have to wait for the line to get a little old before buying anything :) I have to admit, the products do look pretty good though ^_^

Jennifer said...

xD awesome, I was just browsing the web and I found your site. Its pretty. Im gonna keep coming.

Unknown said...

I'm so impressed by the quality of their products because I thought that the quality would be sacrificed because of the prices, but I was WRONG!

I've only made two purchases as well. I got the Button Your Lip set with the gloss in Pixie & the lip liner in Blush. I love it! It's so pigmented. I also got the Walk The Line Glitter Eyeliner in Dreamgirl which is a gold glitter liner.

The prices are amazing. Such a steal! I'll definitely be adding to my growing collection of Hard Candy. =]

-Nicole

Unknown said...

I bought mascara, liquid liner, a Celestine eye shadow stick, and primer. The primer feels so weird when it goes on because you almost wonder if you have anything on. The mascara, my lashes were almost double the length, the eye shadow stick went on smooth and I could smooth it with my finger without it rubbing off completely and for the liquid liner, I have never had a liner that does not want to come off. Haha. It is a great thing, but you had better be careful when applying it or you will use a lot of baby wipes trying to rub it off.