Monday, June 10, 2013

DIY Fabric Button Earrings

Happy Monday!

So it was a pretty crafty weekend this past weekend. 
I decided to go to Jo Ann fabrics and attempt to make fabric button earrings. 
I went off a YouTube video that I saw for the tutorial and decided to share what I made. 
They're actually really simple to make and so cute!



So these are the kind of earrings I'm talking about. 
They're super easy to make and take very little time.

You will need:
1. Fabric (perfect way to use up those scrap pieces of fabric)
2. Buttons
3. Stud earrings
4. Hot glue

 photo DSC02239_zps5c71f7fb.jpg  photo DSC02241_zps1adb555c.jpg

This is the tutorial I used.
But the back of the button box explains it perfectly as well.


Here's what I made:




 

So those are some of the earrings I made. 

I went to Joanne's and asked for the smallest amount of fabric allowable and it was 1/8th of a yard. So some of the fabric only cost me .37 and I hardly used any of it so I still have a ton of fabric left over. 

They have so many cute fabrics right now. 
The buttons were $6.99 for a packet of 18. Originally $9.99 but I had a 40% off coupon. 
And the earrings were $1.94 for a 16 pack. 

Anyway, if you have any questions leave me know! 

2 comments:

laurieb145 said...

Those are awesome!! So cute!

Holly said...

These are SO cute! I really love them- especially the chevron and all the little flower ones