Sunday, March 13, 2011

Wedding Post: Favors

Favors for your wedding.. what are your plans? I was stumped thinking of what I wanted to do as favors for our guests. I didn't want to just matches or mints with our names on them. I wanted to do something fun! I searched throughout the internet on different websites for favors and I just couldn't think of what I would like to do.. Until I was searching a random website that posts photos of weddings. And I stumbled across the idea of candy in beautiful jars. I talked it over with my girls from the party and they LOVE the idea, they think it's great! I was thrilled because I wasn't sure it was a good idea, but with their reassurance I feel a lot better about it...

So basically people put bubble gum, jelly beans, m&m's, lollipops, etc in beautiful jars (kind of like the ones you would see at Juicy Couture). You allow your guests to fill up a bag of their favorite type of candy. It's genius, not only is it fun to pick out your only candy but it looks super-cute too. And it screams Vanessa. :)

I found random photos on wedding blogs and websites that I would show what I was thinking of.



Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket



My absolute favorite is the last one. It's so cute! The only problem I'm going to have is deciding what my guests will have to fill the candy.. a box, a bag.. ?? Any ideas?

1 comments:

Schnelle said...

The candy buffets are very "Juicy Couture." I've seen people decorate chinese takeout boxes with bows and a sticker (with your names on it) to fill with candy. We're putting Lindt truffles in a little box with a pink tissue paper flower on top of each box.