As 2013 creeped up on me suddenly, I am thinking of new years resolutions. Every year I do this to myself, like the rest of the world and set goals. I think it's important to do, and gives you motivation to do and try new things or improve on old things. This year I came up with more personal goals I'd like to share.
- My number one New Years Resolution is to be more positive. I think it's so easy for everyone to think negatively first, and I know for me that is especially true. I want to change that this year. I want to be a more positive person. I noticed the last few days that with my changed attitude of being positive I am more happy about things. Instead of complaining about something I'm learning to say, "It is what it is.". And I think that statement is so crucial. It's crucial to let things be the way they are, unless of course you can change it. If something isn't going your way or something is bothering you, I find it easier to let it go and say, "It is what it is." For example, at work I get real aggravated with things I know I can't change, like some of the managers, I can't change them, nor can I change what is happening, I just let it go. I don't try to work myself up about it anymore, it's not worth it to me anymore, and it's not healthy. I know I have my moments, but I truly am trying to think more positively. I also noticed since I'm trying to think more positive I appreciate all the good things happening around me, that I would otherwise wouldn't have noticed. Like today for instance I had the opportunity to have lunch with friends. Something I would otherwise take for granted, I am happy that happened.
- My second resolution is to get help with my anxiety. I have such bad anxiety, and I have been noticing it getting worse. My mom has anxiety as well and I can tell I'm acting like her in some ways. I get real bad anxiety when I'm around a lot of people. I also notice I get real anxious when people are real loud around me or a lot is happening around me. I have real bad anxiety when I'm just sitting in class. It was so bad to the point this past year I wanted to quit school. I'm not sure how I plan on fixing this, I do not want a prescription for it. I'm going to purchase some self help books for myself to read. I'm hoping when I read the books it gives me a better understanding why I have the anxiety I do, and possibly a way for me to cope with it. I honestly do not want to get in depth about my anxiety, but since it is a resolution of mine, I wanted to share.
- Blogging! My blogging habits will change this year and so might my address to the blog. I'm hoping by the end of year 2013 I will have my own domain. I will also start a brand new YouTube channel and get rid of my old one. Topics in my blog will go back to their original ways. I have gotten lazy with posts and it's time to kick it up a notch. I have a new camera that I got for Christmas that is a DSLR camera. I will have better quality photos and better quality videos. I will no longer be discussing personal things in my blogs, because like I said before, I noticed I had less readers, and what's important to me is what you enjoy reading! :D
- I'm not sure if this is a goal but some of the things I have in store for 2013 are pretty exciting. And if I type them up on here I am going to be held accountable! My fiance and I are applying for our passports. Why? Well for our 10 year anniversary we plan on going to a resort. Also, our anniversary is coming up in a few short days and we're going away to Philadelphia to get away for a night. We are going to try to make it to Love park, because what other time is appropriate then our 10 year anniversary?! As my graduation gift from my parents I'm going on a cruise. So I am excited to go to new places and try new things. I always think it's important to try new things and experience new places!
- If, a BIG IF, if I get a job, a real job, I want to update my apartment. Right now our lease is up for this May, but I'm applying to jobs where I went to college so if I get a job, I want to make our apartment, more our own! I want to decorate it pretty and make it nice.
- Declutter my life! This is a big one. I have SO much stuff, it's disgusting. I don't need half the stuff I have so it's time to get rid of it. I want to go through every single part of my room while I am home and get rid of stuff. I'm either going to give it away or sell it. I'm sorry, but I can't remember the last time I used some of the stuff I have. I need to get together a plan and just go day by day and get rid of things.
- My new years resolution like everyone else is to lose weight. I don't need to lose much weight since I lost 20 pounds last year, but I want to lose more. I want to lose more because of our anniversary trip coming up, along with the cruise, and a possible vacation with friends. So it's time to buckle down and maybe lose another 15 pounds. But I haven't set a date about when I want to start.