Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Chevron Anchor Nail Art & Couple of Norwegian Gem Cruise Pictures

Happy Tuesday!

Today was another productive day, at work and at home. I actually got everything unpacked, both the fiance & I. The only other thing I need to do now is take pictures of things I bought while on the cruise and put them away. 
Today I'm sharing the nails I sported while on the cruise. I got the idea off of Pinterest(of course) and have been wanting to do it for quite some time now but never found a good occasion to do them like that. 

 The accent nail was actually fairly easy to do, it just took some time. The chevron was easy, the trick I found my useful is to lightly drag your brush in a zig zag motion. The anchor was also easy once you get use to the nail art brush. I used the nail art kit I got from Ulta some time ago. In there is a small brush.


I used Julie G's Cruise Collection nail polish (how fitting!) 

Left is Miami Beach and right is Tahiti (my only compliant is that the Tahiti stained my nails once I took it off, but no biggie)

I also used OPI's Alpine Snow & My Favorite Ornament (2013 Christmas Collection) 
If you can get your hands on OPI's My Favorite Ornament I highly suggest you do. It's my favorite gold glitter polish because it really covers your entire nail bed with just two coats of the polish, without any base coat too!

I also did my toenails in the same design. It was just a fun nail art to do that I typically can't do at my office job. 

Just a couple of photos I took on my phone before we departed.
This was from the Pier in New York City. Last year I didn't get to experience seeing the whole boat because other boats were ported. Norwegian Gem was the only boat ported that day!

It was sunny and 80 degrees in New York on Saturday. As you can see people were already in the pools! Last year when we disembarked it was raining and cold so it was a completely different experience for us this year.

Here I was relaxing on the lounge chairs waiting to disembark New York. As you can tell I did my toes in the same design. :)

I also got this souvenir  Norwegian "Fish Bowl". On the whole drink it says "Norwegians drink out of bowls" It was just a fun idea. 

Have a great night!

2 comments:

Holly said...

Such cute nails! I love the pattern on your toes especially- it's such a fun pop :)

t said...

Cute nails!

xo T.
Initialed