Monday, August 25, 2014

Makeup I Packed for the Cruise

Happy Monday!

First day back to work for me after being off for a week. It's always the first day that reality sets in you're no longer on vacation and you have to go back to the daily grind. But I must say, I am proud of myself. I went to work early to catch up on work, left on time, went grocery shopping, cleaned out the fridge and cleaned under the sink. It was a productive Monday!

Yesterday as I was unpacking I took pictures of all the makeup I packed. It wasn't until I started unpacking that I realized I never thought to blog about the makeup I took. Haha. Most of the makeup I packed I used, I will let you know what I did and didn't find useful.

 For eyes:
I brought a bunch of different palettes for eyeshadow:
Too Faced Chocolate Bar(never used)
NYX Caribbean Collection St. Thomas palette(used)
Lorac AfterGlo palette(used)
Too Faced Summer Eye palette(used)
These summer palettes were perfect for the cruise.

I also packed two sets of lashes and only ended up using the top pair. I used them for our pictures, which I'm happy I did.
I also packed Urban Decay primer potion(an absolute must!) The eyeshadow primer potion I found the most useful. It was perfect for those hot days when my eyeshadow would just melt.
I also brought two different color eyeliners but never used either, and I'm kind of sad I didn't. They were such pretty colors and were water-proof!

Naked Shimmer Blush(sadly I didn't use this) My whole thought process with bringing this was when I was out at night I would throw on some shimmer to my cheeks, but never found a use for it.
NYX liquid liner (my love!)
Smashbox bronzer blush. Used every single day!
Tarte powder foundation. Used every day but found it to be too light by the end of vacation.
Same goes for my Maybeline concealer, used every day.
Loreal collagen filler (I love this and I love the smell) Typically I use once or twice a day, I was using this all the time on the cruise. You're skin definitely gets dried out from all the humidity and heat, I found this to be essential!


 Deodorant - of course!
Dry Shampoo for those days when you don't feel like washing your hair. Besides who washes their hair every day on vacation? I certainly can't be straightening my hair everyday!
AcneFree products - used every day
Avon make up remover - a must for when you're hitting the pool or the beach and don't want raccoon eyes!
I also brought ALL of those lipsticks and only ended up using the NYX butter glosses. I absolutely love them. I need to purchase more. They're perfect and light and give you just enough color.


I hope this was helpful and informative.

Have a great night everyone!

2 comments:

Beautygirl24 said...

I'm happy you had a great cruise! Your makeup has me wanting to go to sephora! Love the palettes in particular :) it's hard to not overpack makeup. I always bring too much!

Holly said...

I like that dry shampoo so much! I need to go out and pick up some more...