Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Wedding Wednesday: Supplying Your Own Liquor

Happy Wedding Wednesday!

At the place we decided to have our venue we have to supply our own liquor. 
It makes me nervous to supply liquor to 100+ people and have enough for every one. 
One of the things that makes me a little less nervous is our day wedding planner will make liquor runs if need be. 
 
Anyway, when we went on our cruise last week we bought liquor on board as it is duty and tax free and not to mention a lot cheaper than at your local liquor store. I'm talking we saved up to 50% on some of the alcohol. 
Unfortunately, we were limited to how much we could buy (or originally were told so). So we only ended up purchasing 5 bottles. After the fact we were told we could have bought cases and had to pay very little tax on the purchase. About .30 per every $10.00 (3%) which is very cheap in my eyes. 
Anyway, I'm happy with what we did buy. 

I have spoke with many people about stocking up your bar for your wedding and a lot say they spend close to $500, which is what we budgeted into our wedding. On the ship for everything we bought only came to less than $150. 

I apologize for the crappy picture.
We bought two bottles of Grey Goose vodka, 1 bottle of Patron, and 2 bottles of Bailey's. 
Grey Goose: $34.99 each
Patron: $43.99
Two bottles of Baileys: $34.00 total

We wanted to buy all the alcohol for our signature cocktail drink but we still have not decided on what yet.  


We're little smugglers!
When we went to Nassau Bahama's my fiance picked up 12 Cuban cigars. 
This is something the guys will do after the wedding. 

Anyway, I'm planning on doing a more in-depth blog post about supplying our own liqour but wanted to share what we bought so far. 

Have a great night!

0 comments: