Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Ipsy January 2015 Review

Happy Tuesday!

I was excited to test out a lot of this past month's Ipsy bag. 
Here's everything I got:

I have been using this moisturizer for over a week now and still have some left of this sample! As you guys know, I break out very easily so I'm always afraid to try new facial products. After reading reviews I felt less hesitant. Surprisingly this product does not make me break out, and leaves my skin moisturized! In the winter my skin gets very dry so it's frustrating, this helps with that flaky skin I get around my nose and chin. You can purchase this here for $40 for a full size. Will I be buying the full size? Most likely not, I can't justify a $40 bottle of moisturizer. 

This is a very pretty shade of blue. I don't have much to say because I haven't used it. I'm trying to give my nails a break after painting them every day in December. You can find it  here for $6.

 I don't know what my obsession with brushes are because I always end up using the same ones. Haha.
But I was excited to try out this Elizabeth Mott All Over Shadow brush. How could you not love the color of this?! I must say after using this brush a few times I do love it. It picks up pigment really well and has well packed in bristles for easy blending use. You can find it here for $9.99.

I also got two new eye shadows. I have used Pacifica eye shadows before from Ipsy glam bags and have not been impressed, and I'm going to have to say the same for this. The pigmentation just isn't there for me. I like color to show up on my lids not fade away once you apply it. Even with eyeshadow base this just doesnt show up.  I'm not even going to link it because it's not worth it in my opinion. Save your money.
On the other hand the BellaPierre loose shadow is absolutely amazing. It is a sifter jar so it is a little harder to use, but it is well worth is. The color pay off is just amazing. You can find it here for $14.99
See my swatches of both shadows below
  
The BellaPierre is to the left and Pacifica is to the right. 

Have a great night!

1 comments:

Holly said...

Love an honest review :)

I'm going to try to remember to FB message you, but while I'm thinking of it: if you want, you can send me your shipping address and I'll send out my little bumblebee bookmark. I'll be making a few more on the blog in the next two months, though too :)