Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Wedding Wednesday: Cake Inspiration

Happy Wedding Wednesday!

Today I'm sharing some pictures I used as my wedding cake inspiration when I went to meet with our cake designer (more on this in a separate post). 
I always pictured my wedding cake to be cupcakes but my fiance convinced me to do a cake and cupcakes. And I agree with him. It's just not a wedding without a big cake. And smashing a cupcake in each other's face isn't the same either. Hehe.

I didn't want to incorporate any of our wedding colors (pink and orange) into the cake. I always pictured it to be white with a touch of glitter/sequin, to me it gives it a more classy/elegant. I am also not a fan of flowers, I think it looks nice, just not for me. I guess I was a little picky. I love my cake!

Anyway, here are some inspirational photos I used from Pinterest:




I haven't decided if I'm going to do a groom cake yet, but I love the idea of the following one:


Have a great night!

3 comments:

Holly said...

I love the second cake! That quilted effect is so elegant looking :)

palmandpineblog said...

The third cake is gorgeous!

xo, tasha
twenty-something blog

Unknown said...

I love the 3rd one but it should definitely a little more inspired by the dress if you do decide to do something like it. Those designs on the cupcakes would be cute too!


www.raquelinthecity.blogspot.com