Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Weekend Recap: Valentines Day, White Chocolate Covered Popcorn & Gifts

Happy Tuesday!

Today I'm recapping my Valentines Day weekend. It was a very relaxing and enjoyable weekend. I'm looking forward to this weekend because my mom and I are going to look at my bridal shower venue! 
Saturday:
I've been wanting to make my fiance this Pinterest recipe I saw because I thought he would like it. It's just white chocolate covered popcorn. So I went to the store on Saturday before the snow storm (bad idea) and picked up my three simple ingredients. 
  1. White chocolate
  2. Popcorn (I picked up the butter lovers but I think it would work with any kind)
  3. Brach's conversation hearts for more of a crunch.


Tah-Dah! It was as simple as making the popcorn, melting the white chocolate(I did it in a microwave for 2 minutes and drizzling it over the popcorn). Once I did that, I laid the popcorn on a cookie sheet lined with wax paper and let the chocolate harden back up. It was taking a while and I was impatient so I threw the cookie sheet in the freezer and it was hardened in less than 2 minutes. And then I just threw the hearts in and it was done in less than 15 minutes!

While in the grocery store I picked up the new Knot magazine. LOVE!

My gift for Valentines Day was the Kat Von D contour palette and the contour brush. Luckily this palette comes with instructions because I need it. I have never attempted to contour my face before, but I am going to give it a try. 

On Saturday I did some online shopping for some things for the wedding. I was looking at jewelry, shoes and a veil. Thank god for my mom! 
My mom helped me pick out my veil, this isn't the one I chose but isn't this one just adorable?!


Saturday my fiance worked so we didn't go out to celebrate Valentines Day. I think this is the year we officially stopped celebrating or just put it on hold. And I completely understand because we're planning a wedding and weddings get expensive or at least that's where all your money goes! Low and behold he surprises me with flowers, balloon and Snoopy. I cried, literally, that was so sweet of him to surprise me like that. 
(please excuse my messy kitchen)

I literally have nothing to share from Sunday. All I did was clean and put things away from my fiance's birthday weekend. 

Have a great Tuesday night!

2 comments:

Inge Jane said...

That popcorn sounds delicious, and easy!

Holly said...

Yum to the popcorn :) and how sweet of your fiancé! One piece of advice I got while planning my wedding was to take time to really just enjoy the process and enjoy being engaged!