Monday, July 18, 2011

Things That Made Me Happy Today

Continuing on with my previous post of things that made me happy today. I'm considering just adding it in with my daily post, unless I post in the morning. Haha.


1.

I left work today at 4:00. I did not stay a minute after. I'm so proud of myself. :P Lately I've been working like crazy. I haven't had a day off in a while, with the exception of yesterday. Now I'm working until next Sunday because I volunteered to come in on my day off. *sighs*

2.

I finally found the time to go tanning today! It's been over a week..

Photobucket

3.

I'm assuming PA passed their state budget?!?! I got a letter in the mail from my university stating I'm receiving grants & loans in the fall to cover my classes & apartment!! I was sweating this for a while because there was going to be many cuts in the funding for state colleges.

Photobucket


4.

My fiance and I did a lot of shopping for things for our apartment yesterday and I can't wait to share everything with you!! Everything is still in the trunk of my car actually. haha. Tomorrow I'll unload everything and take photos for you guys!! :D

Photobucket



What made you happy today?!


3 comments:

Denysia Yu said...

YAY for not working too much! :)

Veronika said...

eeeppp! I hate to post this because I feel like such a crazy advocate but I hope you stop using tanning beds :( it breaks my heart when I see someone using tanning beds (and this is coming from someone who worked at a tanning salon for over 4 years.) I now have to go to the dermatologist every 6 months because I am at a higher risk for skin cancer. Just be careful and remember that a tan comes in a bottle too. I say this with love.

-veronika from veronikasblushing.com

Veronika said...

just saw your comment on my blog, thanks for writing back! 3 times a week is a lot in the tanning world, but glad you are working on it. Think about it like this---studies show that anyone who tans even moderately before the age of 30 or 35 is at a 75% increased risk for melanoma! That's crazy right? 75% is huge!

and now, I'll step off my soap box...i'm only so crazy about the issue because for years i told people tanning was "good for them" and the guilt eats me alive sometimes! So now I'm on this mission to stop people from tanning!

for what it's worth---I actually prefer the look of airbrush tans. They are darker and look great and glowing---and bonus---no skin cancer and NO wrinkles/sun damage :)

-V