Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Creamsicle Cake Recipe & Lasagna

In a previous post I mentioned how I made Creamsicle cake for my fiance's birthday and a lot of you asked for the recipe. I'm so sorry I'm finally getting to it, I figured since I made the Lasagna I would do a two for one deal. haha. 

You can see the post here.
I realize this isn't the best photo of the cake, but I didn't think anyone would be interested in it. If you make it, take a better photo for me and post a link! :)


What you'll need:
  • Orange Cake Mix (or Vanilla, I use Vanilla)
  • Small box of orange jello
  • Cool Whip 
  • Jello Brand instant pudding
  • 1/2 cup of confectioner sugar
  • 1 cup of cold milk

  1. Bake the cake per instructions on the box
  2. While it's baking make the jello
  3. Put holes on top of the cake ( I just use a fork for it, or you can use a toothpick)
  4. This is when you pour the jello on top of the cake, you may not use all of the jello.
  5. Allow the cake to cool.
  6. Start to make the instant pudding, add the confectioners sugar(1/2 cup), milk(1 cup) and the Cool whip. It'll be very liquidy(is this a word?) Put in refrigerator for an hour or more to harden the topping. (I forget the timing of it)

I hope you enjoy this, it's one of my Grandma's recipes!!


I also made the Lasagna on Sunday and it turned out absolutely delicious! My Fiance loves it. I actually found the recipe on Pinterest.com and I'll share it with you, you can find the recipe here.
The only thing I did was added more meat (a lot of the reviews suggest this).
I didn't use any onion. (Fiance hates onions) and instead of Italian Seasoning(I was all out) I added Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, Oregano Powder in place of it. My Fiance LOVED how the sauce tasted. 
Enjoy!

Thanks for reading!

3 comments:

Schnelle said...

Oh I'm so excited to try this!!! Thanks!!!

Cupcake Couture said...

@Schnelle I JUST emailed you! haha.

Schnelle said...

I think I'm going to attempt to make this into cupcakes for Easter. What kind of pudding do you use, just plain vanilla?