In a previous post I mentioned how I made Creamsicle cake for my fiance's birthday and a lot of you asked for the recipe. I'm so sorry I'm finally getting to it, I figured since I made the Lasagna I would do a two for one deal. haha.
You can see the post here.
I realize this isn't the best photo of the cake, but I didn't think anyone would be interested in it. If you make it, take a better photo for me and post a link! :)
What you'll need:
- Orange Cake Mix (or Vanilla, I use Vanilla)
- Small box of orange jello
- Cool Whip
- Jello Brand instant pudding
- 1/2 cup of confectioner sugar
- 1 cup of cold milk
- Bake the cake per instructions on the box
- While it's baking make the jello
- Put holes on top of the cake ( I just use a fork for it, or you can use a toothpick)
- This is when you pour the jello on top of the cake, you may not use all of the jello.
- Allow the cake to cool.
- Start to make the instant pudding, add the confectioners sugar(1/2 cup), milk(1 cup) and the Cool whip. It'll be very liquidy(is this a word?) Put in refrigerator for an hour or more to harden the topping. (I forget the timing of it)
I hope you enjoy this, it's one of my Grandma's recipes!!
I also made the Lasagna on Sunday and it turned out absolutely delicious! My Fiance loves it. I actually found the recipe on Pinterest.com and I'll share it with you, you can find the recipe here.
The only thing I did was added more meat (a lot of the reviews suggest this).
I didn't use any onion. (Fiance hates onions) and instead of Italian Seasoning(I was all out) I added Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, Oregano Powder in place of it. My Fiance LOVED how the sauce tasted.
Thanks for reading!