Friday, March 2, 2012

Failed Attempt at Cupcake Pops

I must say this was a lot harder than I originally thought. I followed step by step instructions and still think I did a horrible job. lol. I definitely think I started with something that was a lot harder, I should of started with just your round basic cake pops. 

I can say though, that they are delicious, even though they don't look pretty! 

I'm glad I tried with a starter kit though, it did make it a lot easier. 

Anyway, if you guys don't know I purchased this Cupcake Pop kit for $7.99. 

Here's the results: lol.





If you are to purchase this kit some suggestions:

  • Buy some kind of foam stand. I purchased mine from Wal-Mart for $2.00 You can reuse this in the future. 
  • After you dip you bottom half of the cupcake make sure to immediately stick in the stick because like you can see I waited and the chocolate hardened so I couldn't add sticks to a few 
  • The hardest part for me was the actually shaping of the cupcake. The cake is so moist it's hard to work with, it's falling all over the place, it's just hard to work it, so hence why they didn't come out as they should. I could use a few tips on how to do it properly the instructions hardly helped with this.
Anyway, it was a lot of fun doing, my fiance laughed at them, but that's ok! haha. 

4 comments:

lauren said...

Hey! I think for your 1st time doing cake pops, and not the typical round shape, I think they look really good!! I've never got into them but looking at them on your page makes me want to try it!! Is the cake part actually baked or anything?

lindah said...

where did you purchase this at?! I want to make a non-round cake pop but then I don't wanna go find all the other stuff lol, but for $8 I think that's a steal :D

Cupcake Couture said...

@ LO, thank you! You should definitely try making them, but be prepared it takes a lot of time to do. And yes, the cake part is baked actually. You bake the cake, and then mix with icing, that's why it becomes to moist and hard to work with.

@Lindah I purchase the kit at Ross actually, he makes all different kinds, you should definitely try this! I hope the Ross near you has them!

Schnelle said...

I think they look pretty cute and for your first time, I think you did a great job!