Friday, November 30, 2012

Holly Jolly Tag

It's almost been a full week since I was on blogger. :( Unfortunately, school and work have been consuming most of my days. I do have a Black Friday haul to share(have yet to take pictures OR put anything away) I have a Thanksgiving weekend post. And I have a Trans Siberian Orchestra post.
I saw a couple girls on YouTube doing this Holly Jolly tag, and I thought it would be fun to do. :) So instead of my other posts, I'm going to do this first. {I don't know what it is with me and tags lately, but their fun!
Holly Jolly Tag
QUESTIONS!
1. Do you start your Christmas shopping on Black Friday or wait until the last minute? I try my absolute best to start Christmas shopping on black friday, most of the time it happens, but I usually just get little things. This year I started to purchase small things for Christmas, but nothing big yet. I honestly can't believe it's going to be December 1st tomorrow. Where has the time gone?!
2. If you could be in any Christmas movie what would it be? The Grinch, duh! If you know me you know why I love this movie so much. :)
Photobucket
And if I could be any character it would have to be Cindy. She knows the true meaning of Christmas! That maybe Christmas doesn't come from a store. That maybe Christmas . . . perhaps . . . means a little bit more!
Photobucket
3. Which do you like better: Christmas Eve or Christmas Day? I really do love both because I get to spend it with all of my favorite people. I think I like Christmas Eve more because it's more magical. It is so quiet Christmas Eve! Does anyone else think this? It's like the whole world goes to sleep early so they can wake early to open presents.
Photobucket
I also love Christmas Eve because I go to church with family, have dinner with my family and then I spend the rest of my evening with my fiance's family and we play the game "Who Can Find the Pickle?" A lady from work told me about it, and we have been playing it ever since. After we play that we open up presents. :)
Last year I bought my fiances and brothers cats a present too! They absolutely love the treats Temptations, so I bought 4 bags of them and put them in a little gift bag. They were SO excited when I opened up the gift bag and showed them all their Temptations. I even let them pick which bag they want first. LOL I have no clue if they can actually smell inside the bags, but you never know!
Photobucket
4. When does your family put up your Christmas tree and who decorates it? My family puts up their Christmas tree on Thanksgiving. My fiance and I put ours up a few days later. And the fiance & I decorate our tree.We only have a small white tree because we live in an apartment. But one day we will buy a real tree for our own home. It's those little things I look forward to... but anyway we put on Christmas music and decorate and take pictures. :)
Photobucket
5. White lights or colored lights? White! Colored ones are fun though! I have white ones on my white tree and for my pink tree for my bedroom at home they are pink lights!
Photobucket
Hello Kitty ornament. :)
Photobucket
6. Are you guilty of peeking at your presents or do you like the surprise? I love the surprise! When I was a kid I must admit I peeked a few times though!
This is my "surprise happy face". My fiance captured it very nicely... lol
Photobucket
And in case you were wondering what the gift was...
Photobucket
7. Would you rather live in a gingerbread house or in Santa's Workshop? This is an odd question. I guess a gingerbread house because I don't want to work in santa's workshop lol.
8. Tell us your Christmas Eve traditions! Ahhh! Well I kind of already did. I usually work in the morning and go to church with my family at night and have dinner with my family... After that we go to my fiance's house and open up presents! :)
Christmas Eve last year. I was trying to get Odie to look at me, but he kept looking away. This was at my fiance's house.
Photobucket
And this was tired Odie from jumping around all the wrapping paper. He loves it!
Photobucket
9. If you could be under the mistletoe with anyone who would it be? My fiance, DUH!
It's not a mistletoe, but it's from last year. :)
DSC05595
10. What tops your tree? At my parents house they have an angel, in my room I have a pink glitter star, at our apartment we don't have anything!! I just realized that. What a bummer. lol
11. Can you name the 12 days of Christmas? Not without googling it. :)
12. Have you ever gone Christmas caroling? No! I am a horrible singer!
13. Do you countdown to Christmas? If so, how many days are left? Yes I do! On my phone it says: 25 days!
Photobucket
We also have a countdown with our Christmas decorations.. I don't have it set up yet though! Here he is though, haha, I didn't even realize it said 25 days.. what a perfect time to post. lol
Photobucket
14. What are some foods and treats you can count on having every holiday season? Cookies!! Every year we bake cookies and I have taken on the role at our apartment. :)
Photobucket
Photobucket
Taking home cookies!
Photobucket
15. How has Christmas kept its magic for you as you've grown older? Spending time with family. Every year we all get together. I think what made it even more special for me is coming home for Christmas. Being away all year for school makes it extra special to come home to family & friends for the holidays. :) When I have children I think I will have a different answer though.

I tag whoever wants to do this fun. I had a lot of fun doing it, and didn't even realize how many photos I have during Christmas time!

0 comments: