Monday, August 31, 2015

Weekend Recap: Bridal Shower Gifts, Pedicure, & Fall Decorating

Happy Monday!

Only 4 more working days until a 3 day weekend - which I am looking forward to very much so. 
Yes, I am counting down.

Friday:

I left work a little early so the hubby & I could have a date night together. The night before was the company's CEO reception. She is leaving the company she built up to pursue other endeavors so we had a party for her. We did the centerpieces with sunflowers and I decided to keep some of the flowers for my office. Who doesn't love sunflowers?

Saturday:
Saturday the hubby & I spent the whole day cleaning our apartment and bringing out things from our bridal shower. I was told once that if you start using your bridal shower gifts before the wedding it is bad luck. So I waited until after our wedding day to start putting things together. (I will have a whole separate post on this and my gifts). I must say our apartment is really coming together with everything we got from our bridal shower.

I had this pumpkin lying around so I decided to put it on my end table. Can't wait to start bringing out more of my fall stuff. I think I love fall and Halloween so much because my birthday and my dad's birthday fall in the month of October. :)

Sunday:
I decided to give myself a pedicure since it's been a while. I used Julie G's Candy Shoppe in Pixie Stick. I did buy a bunch of these a while ago, this is only the second color I'm using and I can't say I'm much of a fan. Will review later.  

On our wedding cake stand I had this sign. "I love you more than cupcakes". I am really trying to re-purpose and use everything we bought for our wedding. So I decided to put this on a shelf in our kitchen. 

This spice rack below is a gift from a friend. I absolutely LOVE this! I completely forgot I even registered for it! How sweet of her to buy this for me. This will definitely make cooking easier. 

We also stayed in, cooked dinner, and watched a movie. We got new pots and pans from our registry and also the strawberry hand towels from my wonderful aunt. How adorable are they?!

It was such a good weekend, but I am looking froward to next weekend even more!
 

1 comments:

Holly said...

Sounds like a great weekend! I love the towels!!