Friday, June 24, 2011

8 Ways to use your Summer Scarves

I wouldn't call these your average scarf. They are much smaller in width and much more light weight than your average winter scarves. Let's call them summer scarves. :P Actually these aren't even scarves these are the "sashes" that come with your dresses, so I stole some off dress. :D Creative? I thought so. And I didn't have to spend a dime.

I created 8 different looks with these two simple scarves. 2 include using them with my handbag, and the other 6 are different hair styles I came up with. I have never done any of these looks before so when I was playing with the scarves I was just thinking up different hair styles as I was going along. :P For the look I simply just curled my hair, had 2 hair ties and one scarf.


Here's the two "Scarves" I'll be using for all the looks.
Photobucket

Photobucket


1.First is with your handbag, use coordinating colors to go with your bag. I'm using my old Bebe bag. I just tied a bow around the one handle.

Photobucket

2.The next is wrapping your scarf around the handles. This could also protect your handles from normal wear.
Photobucket

3.The rest of the looks involve using my hair for different hairstyles. The first is very simple. I left pieces of hair in the front and tied the scarf underneath the back of my hair. I left the rest of the scarf hang off my shoulder, you can have it go on your back as well.

Photobucket

Photobucket

4. This look is the same as before expect I pulled my hair into a side pony tail and just tied the scarf around my hair tie to hide it.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

5. This look is the same as the 2 previous expect that instead of leaving my hair into just a plain ponytail I braided it with the two strands of scarf left over. I love this because it also make your braid look thicker along with your hair!!! :)
Photobucket

Photobucket

6. This time I took the scarf and tied it completely around my hair tie and tied it into a cute little bow. I no longer have it around my hair. Same as the other but just not tied around my head.
Photobucket

Photobucket

7. This is also the same as before expect a little different. It's not tied around my head, but tied around the top hair tie, it's braided down with the braid and tied around the bottom hair tie into a bow.
Photobucket

Photobucket


8. and last but not least, I just left my hair down and wrapped the scarf from the bottom up and tied it into a bow on the top of my hair.
Photobucket



A lot of them are the same, but little variations. I hope this gave you guys some new ideas and have fun with it! I know I did.. I'm definitely going to try one of these at the beach when your hair gets all frizzy from the water. hahah.

2 comments:

Schnelle said...

great ideas! I really like the last one- I'll probably use that trick in Italy b/c my hair is going to be a mess. Your hair looks great curled!

~ * ~ * Lera * ~ * ~ said...

I like the one where you braid the scarf into your hair, really cute :)
http://simplylera.blogspot.com/