Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Taking a Step Back & Looking at my Life

Sometimes I like to write down things I like to better about my life, or even change. I think change is always a good thing. I like to get my life in order. :) I usually comply a list of things that I want to accomplish, things I want to do, & things I want to change. But this time instead of complying a list in my diary(and yes, I do still have a diary), I thought I would share it with my readers.

Has anyone ever done this? Just took a step back and looked at your life and maybe realized you needed to change a few things. Well this is one I'm going to do now. I'm going to comply a list and share it with you guys, join in on the fun if you'd like to do the same!



1.

First and most important, I'd like to start saving more money. I'm getting older now and saving money is becoming more and more important. I don't have a load of bills so while I'm young and don't have a mortgage payment or a car payment (yes I paid my car off, and I just got it less than 2 years ago), I want to save more money.



2.

Eating healthier. This past year I've gained a lot of weight. (15 lbs to be exact). Being a full time student and not working was not the best thing for me. I'd constantly be stressed or bored so I ate ALL the time. My fiance and I both gained weight. I've been on a healthier track now for the past few weeks, even lost 5lbs. I've just been watching what I've been eating and not eating in such large portions. Believe me I have my days of over eating, but who doesn't?!



3.

Working out more. I use to work out 5 days a week for an hour each day. And since I went away to school that went out the window. I feel like working out 5 days a week for me was a bit much and I thought of it more of a task then enjoyment. I'm going to be 25 this year and I want to start working out more often but enjoy doing it, not thinking of it as , "Ah, I don't feel like working out today, it's too much work". I want to live a healthier lifestyle. I don't think I live an awful lifestyle, I just want to improve on it.



4.

Makeup. Make up tutorials. Make up reviews. This is all for you guys. I'm beginning to get back into my makeup phase. All because I get a discount now at Sephora! :P But I want this to benefit you guys! Also I'm learning so much from the girls that work there it's unbelievable and I want to share the knowledge with you girls! :) Does this sound good to you guys? Would you like to see more makeup reviews and tutorials and of course hauls? Leave me know!



5.

Tanning, stop tanning! I've been tanning since I was 16 years old. I'm 24 now, that's not right. When people say tanning is addicting, believe them, I know from personal experience. This year I signed up for tanning at Hollywood Tans(like I always do), and it's a 4 month package that I did. It's a lot of money, and it's only hurting my skin. I don't want to be a wrinkly mess by the time I'm 30!! I take many preventative steps to stop early aging. I've been using wrinkle creams for as long as I can remember, because I know tanning isn't good for your skin. But when I tell you it's hard not to tan, it's hard. I feel like I only look good when I have tan skin. It's sad. So this is my last year of going tanning. It has to stop.





I really enjoyed doing this. Maybe I should do this more often. haha. How about you, what do you want to improve on in your life or change? Comment below, I'd love to hear!

1 comments:

Lilly Style said...

I'm so with you on healthy eating and working out (I could save $ too..just got to stop shopping haha).

I know what you mean about tanning. I used to tan for years and it's so hard to stop. I've started using self tanner in the past but mainly for my legs during summer time.