Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Apple Pie Bites & Need Your HELP!

Happy Wednesday!

Good ol' hump day. 
It's back. 

After my financial management meeting today, we had a staff appreciation luncheon, and had a BIG cookout. 
Everything was SO delicious.
I was originally going to make cookies, but am so sick of making cookies to be honest, I wanted to make some new and something that is fresh. 
So I went on my handy - dandy pinterest board, and decided on Apple Pie Bites.

And they were delicious!
I couldn't believe that they were all gone so quickly. 
Seems like everyone loved them. :)





The recipe comes from another blogger, but here are the instructions:
{I do not take credit for this recipe}
 These are my own photos though.

Here's the recipe:

Bite Size Apple Pies
Taste of Home

1/2 c. sugar
2 tsp. cinnamon
1 pkg. (14.1 oz..} refrigerated pie crust
3 tbsp. melted butter, divided
2 medium tart apples, each cut into 8 wedges

In a small bowl, combine the sugar and cinnamon, set aside 1 Tbsp. On a lightly floured surface, unroll the pastry. Brush with  2 Tbsp. melted butter, sprinkle with remaining sugar mixture.

Cut each sheet into 8 one inch strips, about 8 in. long. Wrap one strip around each apple wedge, placing sugared side of pastry against apple.

Place on parchment paper lined baking sheet. Brush tops with melted butter and sprinkle with sugar mixture. bake at 425 for 13-15 minutes or until pastry is golden brown. Serve warm. Makes 16.



So you need to try them! They were simple to make, I believe the hardest part was cutting the apples. 

Anyway, I need your help!
I have been doing a lot of spring cleaning this past weekend and I have a bare wall next to our kitchen, in our dining room area.
It's right next to our door to come into our apartment, and it's SO bare.

 

The spice rack we threw away because it was junk and everything falls off of it. 
And please excuse the container and bag of water, it's where I was cleaning. 
As you can tell the molding is falling off as well, so I need something to cover it up. 

Any ideas of what I can do with this spot?
I'm not very good with interior decorating, so I'm relying on you guys to give me ideas. 
HELP!  

5 comments:

Holly said...

Well... I'm always in favor of a bar... :). It gives storage - added bonus! A bistro set or an accent wall would be fun options too :)

larissa said...

I'm going to have to try this recipe! These look a lot like what my mom use to get me all the time and I loved them!!

Юлия said...

Thanks for the recipe, will have to try to bake.

lindah said...

Do you drink wine often? I think a wine rack/cabinet would be good there :)

Jade | The Jade Aesthetic said...

Oh my CHRIST I am trying this recipe asap!!!! Looks delicious and I can't believe how simple it is!!

If the apartment door is right next to the space then maybe some sort of table or a waist height shelf? Then when you come in you have somewhere to throw your stuff down conveniently. Or a cute noticeboard?

JadeFungBlog