Thursday, September 8, 2011

Flooding in my hometown.

I'm praying for all my friends and family back at home. They're under a state of emergency right now. There's severe flooding all throughout the county and I'm terrified. This is the 2nd biggest natural since 1972, and it might even match up to that. In 1972 we had Hurricane Agnes which flooded my hometown, even my home. My father purchased our home after the flood. So it's seen it's better days. And now that this is happening, we're afraid it's going to be a repeat of what happened in 1972. Unfortunately, I'm away at school right now, and there's no possible way of my fiance and I getting home. I wish I was there! Roads are blocked off, there's now a curfew because the city is afraid of people looting businesses and homes. So many homes and businesses are under water right now it makes my heart drop right into my stomach. They were showing homes that were completely swept away and it made me want to cry. My heart goes out to them. So I'm asking you guys to pray for all the people in Pennsylvania that are being affected by this awful natural disaster and pray that they can come home to their houses in 1 piece, and even if they don't pray that they'll be strong and make it through this crisis. I don't have any personal photos of the devastation but I do have photos from the Newstation's website.

That's a bridge, literally a flew blocks from my home.
Photobucket
More pictures of the bridge.
Photobucket
Homes under water.
Photobucket

My fiance's brother was suppose to take photos for me of the devastation, so as soon as I get more photo's I'll post. But please pray for everyone here in Pennsylvania affected by this awful crisis. You have to understand how awful I feel to be sitting here on my laptop as so many people are suffering, I wish there was something I could do!

1 comments:

Schnelle said...

It's terrible! I live right over the 8th street bridge and my basement is filling up as I type this. Luckily, I'm on not on the Jenkins twp. side of the bridge b/c it's wiped out. I'm stuck in the Poconos (for work). I was supposed to come home this afternoon but everything started closing and I had no way to get home. My husband moved everything up to the top floor and is staying at his parent's. I feel horrible that I'm not there with him! It's killing me. Hope your family is safe! Have you heard from them??