Friday, September 9, 2011

More Flood Photos

If you read my previous post you know that my hometown is going through an awful natural disaster. There's flooding absolutely everywhere. Homes are gone. Businesses are gone. It's so sad. I wanted so badly to go home this weekend to see family, but I couldn't because of the road blocks. It's killing me to sit here and not be able to do anything. All I could do is sit here and watch the news with my mouth open, how could this happen to me? My one friends house is practically filled with water and I feel fer her. All I could do is hope for the best. As of 9:30 last night the river finally crested. It crested at 42.6, originally anticipated was 40.8, just shy of the 1972 flooding 40.9, which means, on record, this is the worst natural disaster to hit my hometown. It's awful, and I only could ask if you guys could pray for the people affecting by the flooding.
Unfortunately, I still only have photos from friends and the newstation's website.

This is a local bar/restaurant that I would pass ALL the time, it was absolutely beautiful. Now look at it.
Photobucket
This is where the levee wasn't holding the water anymore.
Photobucket
See how close the water is to the top? It's so scary.
Photobucket
This is a bridge I would cross ALL the time, my fiance goes over this bridge to get to work everyday. It's awful.
Photobucket

0 comments: